Start Up Stirling is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Start Up Stirling may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Who are we?
Start Up Stirling is a Stirling based charity dedicated to helping local people in hardship by providing starter packs and foodbank support throughout the Stirling Council Area. Start Up Stirling is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) SC035477. The registered address is Start Up Stirling, 16B Whitehouse Road, Stirling, FK7 7SP.
How do we collect information from you?
Start Up Stirling obtains information about you when you use its website, for example, when contacting about services, making a donation, or if you registering to receive updates.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information collected might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation online, your card information is not held by Start Up Stirling, it is collected by third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
Start Up Stirling may use your information to:
● Process a donation that you have made
● Seek your views or comments on the services provided
● Notify you of changes to services
● Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, or other fundraising activities.
● Process a grant or job application.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
Start Up Stirling rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
● Where it is necessary for a contract with you
● Where it is necessary for the legitimate activities of Start Up Stirling, as a not for profit body
● With your consent
● Where it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
What are your rights under data protection laws
● The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
● The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how Start Up Stirling process it
● The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate
● The right to have your personal information erased
● The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
● The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information
● The right to complain to Information Commissioners Office which enforces data protection laws
How long is your information held?
Start Up Stirling will not retain your personal information for any longer than is necessary. For a fuller explanation of the various periods of time information is held, please refer to the GDPR policy which can be made available to you by contacting email@example.com
Start Up Stirling is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online has been put in place.
Any payment information (such as credit or debit card details) is processed via Stripe and is encrypted and protected with encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences, but this may lead to loss of functionality when using the website.
Links to other websites
The Start Up Stirling website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, you should note that Start Up Stirling does not have any control over that other website, which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question, or websites that provide links into the Start Up Stirling site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, if you are asked for if you would like to sign up to the mailing list, leave the box unchecked
● If you have previously agreed to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing via the link in the email
Start Up Stirling will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless permission has been given or required by law to do so. Start Up Stirling may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting if you have indicated that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information held about you under GDPR 2018.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like Start Up Stirling to transfer your data to a third party please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information held on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible. Start Up Stirling will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.